It is our goal to provide the highest quality of healthcare to our patients. In order to do so, we have established some guidelines for our visitors. Many of these guidelines are in response to mental health laws and regulations and all of our guidelines seek to protect the safety, rights and confidentiality of our patients. Please review these guidelines before you visit.
2 VISITORS PER PATIENT AT ONE TIME
- Visiting Hours - Visitors are only allowed during scheduled visiting hours. Two adult visitors per patient. Flu Season - please do not enter hospital property if you are experiencing, or may have been exposed to, flu symptoms.
- Patient Codes - All our patients have an access code that they must provide to anyone with whom they want to have contact with while they are in the hospital. If you do not have this code, we are legally obligated not to provide you with any information regarding that patient, including if they are a patient here. You will also not be allowed to visit a patient without this access code. This is the law.
- Visitor Identification Badges - You must check in with the receptionist in the lobby before you present to the units. The receptionist will provide you with a visitor badge when you sign in and we require that you wear this in a prominent place at all times while on our grounds. If you present to the visitation area without this badge, you will be asked to return to the receptionist. Visitor ID Badges must be surrendered to staff when visitation is over.
- Purses, Backpacks, Bags, Cell Phones, Food & Drink Items, etc. - No visitors are allowed to bring these items on the units. It is our suggestion that you leave these items locked in the trunk of your vehicle. (Don’t forget your keys!)
- Children - Visitors must be at least 18 years of age and children cannot be left unaccompanied in the lobby.
- Flowers & Balloons - We strongly discourage our visitors from bringing these items to the hospital. If flowers or balloons are brought in, they will be kept at the nurses’ station and cannot be in patient rooms. We suggest that you wait until the patient returns home to present these items so that they can fully enjoy them.
- Patient Belongings & Valuables - If you are bringing items to leave with a patient (i.e. clothing, toiletries, etc.), please give all items to the staff when you enter the unit. Some items may be sent home with you if they are considered to be contraband.
- Visit Termination - If at any time during your visit, you become disruptive to the unit or if your presence is upsetting to the patient, you may be asked to leave. All patients have the right to refuse any visitor and have the option to terminate your visit at any time.
- Contraband - The following items are considered to be contraband on all patient units. These items are not allowed on the unit. If a patient or visitor brings them in, they will be kept and stored until discharge: Alcohol or any drug related paraphernalia, sharp objects such as razors, scissors, glass bottles, mirrors, picture frames, needles, pins, aluminum cans, spiral notebooks, keys, make-up pencil sharpeners, paper clips, hair clips, underwire bras, and any other item with sharp edges or which can be broken to create sharp edges, shoe laces, belts, panty hose, rope, head bands, ace bandages, clothing with draw strings or long ties, matches and lighters, aerosol cans or fireworks of any kind, personal televisions, stereos, video games, CD players/recorders, boom boxes, computers, palm pilots, pagers, cell phones, any item with an electrical cord, etc, magazines, books, pictures or clothing items depicting drug or alcohol use, violence, racism, gangs, sexual situations or activities, Satanism or otherwise potentially offensive material, cameras, camcorders or any type of audio or visual recording device, weapons of any kind, candles or incense, plastic bags, medications of any kind, and any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the clinical staff.
We hope that you enjoy your visit at Aurora Santa Rosa Hospital. Thank you for being a part of your friend or loved ones treatment. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, please ask a member of our staff.
|Monday - Friday||7:00 PM - 8:00 PM|
|Saturday & Sunday||1:30 PM - 2:30 PM|
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Please call 707-800-7700 for our holiday visitation schedule.