Friday, September 27th 12:00 • 2:30PM
$10 at the door
Registration at 12pm
Program from 12:30pm to 2:00pm.
Tour from 2:10pm to 2:30pm.
Aurora Santa Rosa Hospital
1287 Fulton Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
How To Create A Safe Community for Those In Distress
- Understand how our attitudes and beliefs inform our perspective of suicide
- Identify key protective and risk factors and the role they play in suicide prevention
- Recognize suicidal behavior/feelings through warning signs
- Discuss the importance of valuing help seeking over stigma
- Communicate effectively with someone in distress or feeling suicidal, keep them safe, and refer for help
- Identify specific strategies to engage in suicide prevention in your community
Kara Connors, MPH - Outreach and Education Coordinator for Buckelew Program’s suicide prevention initiative
About Lunch & Learn
Come join us at Aurora Santa Rosa Hospital every month for a new Lunch & Learn workshop. Eat lunch, socialize and learn more about important topics presented by experienced, practicing professionals. At the conclusion of each workshop, we will give tours of our facility for those who are interested.