DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Mental Health Worker provides direct patient care to all patients with emotional or psychiatric disorders; supports therapeutic milieu; and ensures safety and well-being of patients. Carry out general nursing assistance necessary to treatment of adolescent, adult, or older adult patients as assigned.
- Treatment Planning: Participate in treatment planning: (a) helps identify patients' problems, needs, and strengths; (b) suggests modifications to treatment plan based on observations of patients' behavior; (c) provides input into discharge planning.
- Patient Care: Participate in implementing patients' treatment plans by: (a) monitoring patients' progress; (b) communicating information regarding patients' behavior to other members of treatment team; c) maintains communication with patient, family members, and referral sources in patients' interest; (d) co-facilitates didactic, educational, and community groups within the context of the adolescent treatment program; (e) encourages and facilitates patients' participation in therapeutic activities; (f) supervises patients to ensure their safety and their involvement in treatment; (g) provide input during shift report.
- Hall Monitor: An important role in the care of the patient includes the assignment as Hall Monitor. The Hall Monitor is responsible for the safety and security of both staff and patients. The Hall Monitor observes the interaction between patients as well as the interactions between staff and patients that occur in the hallway. The Hall Monitor must report all suspicious activity to the appropriate nurse in charge of the unit as soon as possible and also notify unit staff of potential boundary violations.
- Patient Attendant: Accompany and transport patients as assigned. Orient new patients to unit, program, and milieu. Assists patients in carrying out activities of daily living, when congruent with the patients' treatment plan and needs, age, and developmental level. Maintains a safe, orderly, and therapeutic physical environment for patients. Participate in maintaining the therapeutic milieu on the unit, enforces the level system or other methods of behavior management.
- Patient Records: Maintain patient, program, department, and related documentation. Carry out clerical and administrative assignment to support patient care and department and organization operations.
- Training Activities: Complete orientation and competency assessments as required for position. Participate in activities enhancing professional growth and development.
- Other Duties: Upholds the Organization's ethics and customer service standards. Performs related duties, as requested.
- High school, GED, or equivalent required.
- Current CPR (or obtained within 60 days of hire).
- NCI (or equivalent as approved by CNO) obtained within 60 days of hire.
Knowledge and Experience:
- High school level reading and writing skills; legible handwriting
- Familiarity with medical and psychological terminology and human behavior principles preferred
- Basic knowledge of human growth and development helpful
- Experience with therapeutic limit-setting helpful or an understanding of level systems or other behavior management modalities helpful
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
Human Resources Coordinator
Aurora Behavioral Health of Santa Rosa
1287 Fulton Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401