DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- To deliver quality general/psychiatric nursing care to patients who are hospitalized for treatment of psychiatric or emotional disorders; to support the hospital and program philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of each patient.
- Practice within the legal boundaries of professional nursing based on nursing knowledge and skills, the needs of clients, and professional nursing standards. Accept responsibility for individual nursing actions, decision, and behavior in the course of professional nursing practice. Maintain competence through ongoing learning and applications of knowledge. Respect a client's rights, concerns, decision, and dignity. Maintain professional boundaries. Respect client's property and the property of others.
- Assist individuals and groups to maintain or attain optimal health by implementing a strategy of care to accomplish defined goals and evaluating responses to care and treatment. Establish a nursing care plan for identified health problems and assist patients to establish goals meeting identified health care needs. Provide education to patients and families related to disease process, treatments, procedures, and medications. Consult and coordinate with other health care professionals in the management of health care.
- Through a systematic process of interaction with patients, the patient’s family, and the appropriate health care providers, collects and analyzes data regarding the patient’s physical, psychological, environmental, self-care, educational, spiritual, cultural, and anticipated discharge needs.
- Each patient’s unique needs are identified and incorporated into a comprehensive and individualized care plan. The severity of the disease, condition, impairment or disability is included as an important element of the planning process.
- The care and treatment of the patients are rendered in a competent manner and are based on current developmental theories and psychiatric nursing knowledge and standards; care is evaluated against the goals and plan of care and is revised periodically, as appropriate.
- Facilitates the patient’s access to the appropriate level of care and setting.
- Upholds the Organization’s ethics and customer service standards.
- Performs related duties, as requested.
- Current RN License
- ADN / BSN or equivalent
- Current CPR certification
- Demonstrates sound leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of group theory and practice preferred
- Ability to organize activities and schedules for medical and/or non-medical tasks for patients
- Role model to others
- Ability to stabilize acute psychotic and non-violent crises by using accepted intervention techniques
- Basic knowledge of abnormal psychology
- Familiarity of psychopharmacology and the use of psychotropic medications with or adult psychiatric population preferred
Human Resources Coordinator
Aurora Behavioral Health of Santa Rosa
1287 Fulton Road
Santa Rosa, CA 95401