Please review the following information concerning unit phone and visiting policies. Your assistance and cooperation with these policies is greatly appreciated.
- Patients complete a Release of Information upon intake, as well as receive a pin code for all phone calls.
- The Release of Information provides unit staff with information as to whom our hospital can release information to.
- The pin code is necessary for incoming phone calls to be transferred to our patients.
- Only parents/guardians and adults over 18 can visit the unit, unless prior approval received. ONLY 2 VISITORS are allowed at a time.
- Visits take place in the group room, or in an appropriate alternative deemed necessary for safety.
- For safety reasons, staff will check all items you bring to the unit for your child. Any items that are not allowed on the units will be returned to you or stored in a safe place until they can be returned to you or your child upon discharge.
- Food and beverages brought from home or outside are not allowed on the unit. You will be asked to take unapproved items with you when you leave.
In order to accommodate all patients, there is a 10-minute limit per call, per patient. To help support our adolescent’s receiving the best treatment while they are at our hospital, we aim to have them invested and involved in programming as much as possible throughout the day. To help support this, we encourage phone usage, both outgoing and incoming calls, during the times listed below. Please note that there is only one patient phone on the unit and there may be times where you will be asked to call back at a better time or wait until your child returns your phone call.
The main numbers at the hospital 707-800-7700; to call the Adolescent Unit directly, please call 707-800-7704.
Weekday - 7:30am-8:15am, 10:00am-10:25am, 12:00pm-12:20pm, 5:00pm-6:00pm, 7:00pm–8:00pm
Weekend – 7:30am-8:15am, 10:00am-10:20am, 1:00pm-3:00pm, 5:00pm-6:00pm, 7:00pm-8:00pm
Weekday: 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Weekends: 1:30pm-2:30pm & 7:00pm – 8:00pm